At this time Alba Partners is working on a number of transactions for top Serbian corporates as well as international strategic and financial investors.
Previously our team members successfully advised on a number of milestone mergers and acquisitions, debt financing, strategic advisory and restructuring assignments in Serbia and the region, including:
- purchase of DDSG Cargo (Austria) by East Point Holdings (Cyprus/Serbia) for €110m (2007)
- First mezzanine financing by a Serbian corporate (a €16m loan provided by Darby Overseas Investments to East Point Holdings) (2007)
- acquisition of equity stakes in Electrica Moldova and North-east Bulgaria electricity distribution companies alongside E.ON Energie, for undisclosed sums (2006/7)
- acquisition of equity stakes in Distrigaz Nord and Distrigaz Sud (Romania) alongside E.ON Ruhrgas and Gaz de France, respectively, for undisclosed sums (2006/7)
- sale of Somboled (Serbia) to Lura (Croatia) for €30m (2004)
- purchase of Potisje, Kanjiza (Serbia) by Tondach (Austria) for €30m (2003)
- sale of Pivara Celarevo (Serbia) to Carlsberg for €100m (2003)
- debt finance in the power and energy sectors for the following companies: Transelectrica (Romania, €18m in 2005), Energoatom (Ukraine, €35m in 2004), SE and ZSE (Slovakia, €91m in 2003/4), EPS (Serbia, €100m in 2003), ESM (FYR Macedonia, €40m in 2003), Lenenergo (Russia, €40m in 2003), Opet-Aygaz (Turkey/Bulgaria, €32m in 2003)
- debt finance in the transport and municipal sectors for the following clients: Roads directorate (Serbia, €76m in 2002), cities of Belgrade, Nis, and Novi Sad (Serbia, €51m in 2002) , ZTP (Serbia, €57m in 2001).